Saturday, July 17, 2010

My Library Tourism Project



It occurred to me recently that I really like libraries. I think most of us appreciate that libraries exist in a general way, but I've realized that I am kind of obsessive. When I have time to kill in an unfamiliar area, I seek out the closest library. If I'm a tourist in a major metropolis, I always get curious about what the main branch is like. I take pictures. I make my family walk around every floor. Shoot, for a private citizen, I positively love libraries.



So, I thought it would be fun to share some of the neat ones I've visited. For the next year, I am going to write about one library each week. With a few exceptions, they'll be public facilities accessible to everyone.







2 comments:

  1. I can think of a library you need to review! I will be reading with much much interest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please! I would LOVE suggestions. I'm going to try to be as geographically varied as I can, although until Warren Buffett starts a Librariophile Foundation, I'll probably be mostly limited to California and the Mid-Atlantic.

    ReplyDelete